How to retain native application icons?

Rafael Laguna rafaellaguna at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 16:31:37 UTC 2014

The choose gnome icon theme. It retains "original logos". Or maybe their
icons don't resemble Windows enough and you think the folder will become
unrecognizable?

Don't speak about me. Let's look to ACYL icons, totally diferent. You
should thank to people like this author the time he spent on "modifying and
screwing up" the original logos just to bring users an homogeneous look for
their system, with no mixed balls, squares, triangles, romboids, and
infinite forms that, from a designer point of view, as mine, is a real and
complete shit.

And don't misunderstand me, I love Gnome icons and his creator, Jimmac, but
the purpose of an icon theme is make a pleasant and smooth visual
sensation. Don't give me lessons of design, I'm a designer and Box is a
concept (not a way of destructing logos) widely accepted. There's a thing
called "creative overall justification" or guidelines (did you read it
before using Box? I post these notes twice a year, on every Lubuntu
release: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Artwork/Guidelines). Every design
has one to explain things, like why we enclose logos in squares or use
circles, or whatever.

If you don't like a theme, just choose another. That is freedom.

--
Rafael Laguna
Lubuntu Artwork Team