NO way of disconnecting?

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Sun Jun 1 22:20:09 UTC 2014

On 06/01/2014 11:57 AM, Israel wrote:
> On 06/01/2014 10:21 AM, c. marlow wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am on sat. Internet and I like to DISCONNECT from the internet so I
>> know if something decides to run away with my data while I am not on
>> the computer, it will not happen because I essencially disconnect from
>> the internet.
>>
>> But when clicking on the 2 blinking computer icons in the tray and
>> right clicking and going to DISCONNECT nothing happens, I am still
>> connected it does not matter what I click on disconnect, repair,
>> connect...
>>
>> Is there a work around for this and why does the icons not work?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christopher
>>
> Hi
> Are you using nm-applet?
>
> Obviously (as you surely know all ready) you can manually disconnect the
> Ethernet cable, or if it is wireless and you have a hardware switch you
> can use that.
> If you are using nm-applet it should work to disconnect via the GUI, not
> entirely sure why it wouldn't.  How are you starting nm-applet for your
> network?

  Hello,

its just the one thats built in when you log in.... Its a picture of 2
computers flashing next to the vol control. I havent installed anything
extra

Christopher

--
~ Christopher ~
chris at marlows.org

**DISCLAIMER:

This email and any files transmitted from chris at marlows.org, and to
chris at marlows.com, are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and
may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you receive
this email in error, please advise me by return email immediately. Please
also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
immediately. All emails incoming and outgoing are kept for my personal use
and are kept on file and archived away INDEFINITELY.