Lubuntu Version Fro Netbooks

Thu Jul 17 17:16:38 UTC 2014

On 07/17/2014 10:07 AM, Deborah P wrote:
> Since the Windows XP that was pre-installed is no longer supported I
> wanted to try an open source OS and Lubuntu was recommended.
Based on my experience with my Windows test machines (including two that
still have XP), as long as you don't browse the Internet or do e-mail on
your XP system, you can probably keep your XP partition for running
software that doesn't work on Linux.

This claim is based on my experience so far.  I use my Windows
partitions strictly for testing, and don't browse the Internet or do
e-mail with them.  I offer no guarantee.

I like Lubuntu, and it will run on slow machines that are now too slow
for Xubuntu (a 450 megahertz, 512 megabytes RAM machine, for example).

Kubuntu seems to run better than Ubuntu/Unity (which appears to be even
slower than Windows 7).

Just my general experience in testing various systems.  I have not done
benchmark performance testing.

--
Sincerely,
Aere