desktop switcher

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 14:08:00 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 07:55 AM, W.J.Heeringa wrote:
> /I never had that problem, but I have had some issues with the panel
> before.
> What I'd say you can try is to move your panel config to a back up,
> and restart the panel. mv ~/.config/lxpanel ~/.backup
> Then you can either logout and log back in, modify the panel to your
> liking and the config should stay the same and have a permenant
> desktop switcher.
> Let us know if that helps!//
> /
> Thanks for the suggestion! I did:
>
> mv ~/.config/lxpanel ~/.backup
> lxpanelctl restart
>
> but unfortunately it did not help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wilbert

The other thing you might try is moving the openbox file which is in
~/.config/openbox
lubuntu-rc.xml
You might also try restarting the display server instead of just the
panel (this assumes you have lightdm... if you use slim or something
else sub it for lightdm)
sudo service lightdm restart
Are there any other problems graphically?  or is this just related to
the panel only?
You can also move the ~/.config/lxsession folder as well.
and you can also try removing ~/.cache/lxsession && ~/.config/openbox
If I have a huge problem happen, I usually move my whole ~/.config
folder and move things back one at a time to see where my issue was...