desktop switcher

W.J.Heeringa w.j.heeringa at rug.nl
Thu Jan 23 15:17:00 UTC 2014

Thanks again.

I did the following:

uni at Seagate:~/.config$ mv openbox ~/.backup/
uni at Seagate:~/.config$ mv lxpanel ~/.backup/
uni at Seagate:~/.config$ mv lxsession ~/.backup/
uni at Seagate:~/.config$ lxpanelctl restart

This did not help.

Subsequently I did:

sudo service lightdm restart

This resulted in a black screen with the message:

* Starting TIMIdity++ ALSA emulator

only by rebooting I was able to quit this screen.

I upgraded Lubuntu 13.04 twice on different devices, and in both cases this problem with the desktop switcher (or: workspace switcher?) is found.

Best regards,

Wilbert