Evince alternative

Kris Van Bruwaene krvbr at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 10:19:34 UTC 2014

I very much like Lubuntu and enjoy using it on several PCs at home and at work. However the PDF viewer Evince does not fit in well with the rest of LXDE. Its menu is "optimized" for Gnome3, and displays black letters on a black background :-( . So I wanted to replace it with Atril, a fork of Evince for the Mate desktop. I had to download quite some Mate stuff to get Atril working, but it's OK. Now when I want to remove Evince, I need to remove Lubuntu-desktop as well, which doesn't seem like a good idea. Or is it?