vivid vervet/LXQt experience

Henk Terhell hterhell at chello.nl
Wed Dec 24 08:16:00 UTC 2014

Henk Terhell schreef op 22-12-2014 om 16:01:
> Recent updates received had some impacts.
> Here all my current partitions with Lubuntu on 2 PC's:
>
> PC #1 - 32 bit:
> - vivid vervet with LXQt was OK but crashed two days ago during
> updating and is no longer bootable not even in recovery mode
> - vivid vervet is OK. I tried now to install LXQt-metapackage but
> without success due to unmet dependencies
> - L14.04 LTS with LXQt is OK
>
> PC #2 - 64 bit:
> - vivid vervet AMD64 is OK
> - vivid vervet AMD64  with LXQt is OK

As a follow-up I'm also not able to install LXQt-metapackage on Lubuntu
14.10 32 bit.
Therefore, I tried to install LXQt on Xubuntu 14.10 32 bit and this gave
no problems - I can switch between XFCE and LXQt upon login.

So this current problem is only related to LXQt in combination with
Lubuntu (32 bit).

Henk