restart of lightdm gives blank screen

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 14 17:31:16 UTC 2014

I have a computer I installed Lubuntu on several weeks ago.
It was working fine to log off as one user and back on as
another. This weekend it started to give a blank screen if
it goes to screen lock or log out. I can ssh in and reboot
then you can login, however if I ssh in before anyone has
loged on and restart lighdm you also get a blank screen I
get the notice that lightdm has restarted (lightdm
start/running, process 1948) but have a blank screen.  Any
idea what is causing this and how I can fix it.
          Thanks
           Linda