stop dbus, new user account

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 21:52:01 UTC 2014

On 12/03/2014 11:16 AM, Fritz Hudnut wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 3:46 AM,
> <lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
> <mailto:lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Fritz,
>     It might be worth trying to add a new user.
>     Check if the new user has the same issues.
>     If the new user does not have any issue, you can of course simply
>     migrate your configurations to that account.  And also it will mean
>     there is some sort of issue.
>     Moving the .cache wouldn't hurt.  As long as you move it (instead of
>     remove).  You can always copy it back again.
>     If you create a new user you can systematically go through all your .
>     (dot) files and find the problem if you are really interested in
>     discovering the actual issue.  Then you can diff the two files and
>     find
>     out what is the issue.  But of course simply having a working user
>     (other than guest) would be the goal :)
>
>     --
>     Regards
>

> @Is:
>
> The new user account is also what was suggested on the 'buntu answers
> site, and it did work to get me passed the log in window.  I guess I
> could spend time to try to compare the . files . . . or even move
> config files . . . but of course they might be the problem?
>
> Anyway, done deal . . . don't know if this falls under the "It's PPC"
> paradigm, like in the movie, "It's Chinatown, Jake . . . "????
> Running similar updates in 14.04 on my MBPro . . . well, actually LM17
> . . . did not get me into this log in problem . . . not applicable?
> Maybe yes, maybe no . . . .  But, thanks for the support . . . not too
> much time spent on the system in the iBook, a few bookmarks, a few
> email accounts . . . .  Perhaps if it keeps going I'll even get around
> to fixing "sound" . . . .

Hi Fritz,
Well, I am glad you are able to use it.  It may be that the old
configurations got corrupted by the new ones because the architecture is
PPC.  This could be something somewhat similar to the hw-detect issues
we have had with sound.  Where some new change broke compatibility with
some old configuration, but only for PowerPC...

Glad the MBPro didn't have any troubles :)