Report: Testing for Lubuntu 14.10 beta/daily in PPC

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 00:32:20 UTC 2014

Folks:

Beta testing 14.10:

Bug report #1363180

for the alt install:  During testing for PPC 14.10 alternate install CD on
iBook G4 the process got as far as the Yaboot window boot prompt . . .
entering various commands resulted in response: "claim error, can't
allocate e00000 at 0 x c2000000; claim error, can't allocate kernel
memory." Built 20140826.1 No further testing could be done.

for live desktop:  Problem "replicated" using the desktop iso downloaded
today build 20140829 got to the Yaboot boot prompt window, entering "live"
and various other choices offered under "tab" brings identical "claim
error" . . . adding on some "radeonfb= items brings "invalid device" . . .
. So, I would again say that "testing failed" on the G4 iBook with 14.10
beta . . . could not proceed past the Yaboot window . . . .

Maybe for sh*ts & giggles I'll register the iMac 800 and try to boot the
iso's . . . .

F/e.e.p.