Lubuntu PPC

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 01:07:59 UTC 2014

First of all a HUGE thanks to the devs!  This is the most amazing
Lubuntu release I have used!  The Default Applications for LXSession is
SO much better than the Alpha release.  Nothing is cut off, and it is
actually even more intuitive!
Every thing was so painless to tweak.  Of course I still had to manually
disable the touchpad click.  For anyone on here that wants to know:

sudo pico /etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart

add this one line:

@synclient MaxTapTime=0

Ctrl+x to save and exit

@Rafael I like the dark panel theme, thanks so much for that.  However,
there are so many entries, and some of them produce undesirable
results.  If I select them all the OSD has lines behind it (I assume it
is the panel graphic repeating in the background).. I don't use the
system default panel color, I like a bit of transparency.

Thanks everyone for this.  I didn't have to do anything extra to get
wifi working which was awesome!  I did have to install an xorg.conf for
my computer (iBook G3/800 Radeon)
which is as simple as:
wget http://mac.linux.be/files/xorg/ibook6.txt
sudo mv ibook6.txt /etc/X11/xorg.conf