[Lubuntu-qa] Fwd: GRUB2/ISO Boot

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sun May 5 15:45:31 UTC 2013

Hi amjjawad,

I use this method to boot from downloaded iso files stored on a HDD. The
method works well with some iso files, for example Ubuntu 10.04 and
newer. But it does not work (at least I don't know how to do it with
several other iso files). I learned this method from a post by
jerrylamos @ ubuntuforums.

I attach a 40-custom file of mine. But grub.cfg can be as simple as the
second attached file shows.

(I use that grub.cfg file in a second version to install Lubuntu 13.04
into computers with Pentium M cpu. After a little more testing by a few
people, I'll be ready to publish those methods, but that is another story.)

Best regards
Nio