End Of Life..

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 01:23:38 UTC 2013

Hi Phill and amjjawad,

Maybe I worry too much about the security issues after listening to
security gurus and other people at the Ubuntu Forums who push really
hard to make people select current versions of the Ubuntu flavours.

Openbox is part of Kubuntu, and I think Abiword and Gnumeric are part of
Xubuntu, so they should have LTS for at least 3 years.

What's the record of security updates? Does anybody know the percentage
affecting the specific Lubuntu software (LXDE etc)? 1% or 10% of the
total number or total risk? Or much less than 1%?

Is it more important to keep the web browser protected with NoScript and
other add-ons?

I want to discuss these things not because I want to push a particular
opinion, but because I really don't know, and then it is a bad idea to
give advice to others.

Best regards
Nio