Compton and xombrero available for testing

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 11 21:56:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just copied 2 new packages (one made on mentors.debian.net, one made
by Unit193), available for testing and evaluation :
- compton : a composite manager, to handle transparency and some
simple effects. We can consider it as an option for a default
installation, but not enable by default
- xombrero : a web browser. Many people had interest in it, so we can
test it now. I'm not sure we can consider it by default, due to
limited upstream support (compare to Firefox and Chromium).

You can test them on this PPA :
https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-dev/+archive/non-official-apps

Regards,
Juien Lavergne