I think Lubuntu is selling itself short

mthomas at co-japan.com mthomas at co-japan.com
Thu Jun 27 14:54:56 UTC 2013

I'm a Linux user/admin for more years than I care to remember however
if the name Yggdrasil means anything to you you'll understand. I run a
lot of older hardware and have needed to de-commission some as various
distributions became bigger and bigger. It was therefore refreshing to
find Lubuntu and be able to re-commission a number of them.

That said I do feel that Lubutu is selling itself short as it's not
just for older machines nor an introductory Linux for those moving from
other platforms such as XP.

It makes a wonderful lean base platform for spawning virtual servers,
in fact ideal. I believe more of this capability should be emphasized. I
know there are many projects underway at this moment but think it would
be very interesting to have an alternate install geared directly towards
virtual servers.

Mark Thomas