[Update] The Distribution of 2000 Lubuntu CDs in Munich, Germany

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 10:50:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Peter Matulis
<peter.matulis at canonical.com>wrote:

> On 06/26/2013 11:27 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>
> > /*IMHO, I would advise to go for Lubuntu 13.04 and after two months,
> > upgrade to 13.10 and by the time 14.04 will be released, the 2000 Users
> > will have more experience and many questions to ask. *They will start
> > learning:/
> >
> > /1- Linux is NOT Windows/
> >
> > /2- Lubuntu can be upgraded every 6 months /
> >
> > /3- There is no harm to upgrade the system every 6 months and it is not
> > hard at all/
> >
> > /4- By April 2014, they will be offered an option to remain on LTS
> > release without upgrading anymore if they wish/want that./
>

> > *I did _not _communicate the above suggestion to him. *
>
> Good, because it's terrible advice.
>
> Only individuals upgrade every 6 months.  Large entities should stick
> with the LTS release.
>
> Have the folks who will be supporting this infrastructure begin as soon
> as possible with Lubuntu however.
>
> -pmatulis

Hi Peter and thanks for your reply :)

I got the email and the phone number of the person who is in the
administration of Munich Gov.
I will contact him and understand more about their plan whether these CDs
will be distributed to Normal Users/Individual or Companies/Large entities
as you mentioned.

Definitely, an LTS release is the best option, no doubt, no question, no
one is denying that.

Thank you!

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*