zRAM for the Alternate Install? (was: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] RAM needed for desktop installer reduced to half by zRAM )

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 18 23:51:35 UTC 2013

So many threads on this!!

as the desktop installer now seems to be pretty much working on 256Mb RAM
machines, we do hit a point where the applications (browser, etc) will take
a machine with less than 256 Mb RAM 'over the edge'. Please see [1] which
is being updated as we learn more about what 13.10 is capable of.

Regards,

Phill
1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu#System_Requirements