Default Programs to 13.10 and 14.04

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 09:10:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-13 22:05, Lars Nooden wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> [snip]
>> vlc
> [snip]
>
> I appreciate VLC very much but haven't tried it on the lower-end machines.
> It covers both audio and video so might take the place of two
> applications.  I should take a closer look at Audacious and GnomeMplayer
> to better be able to form an opinion.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

In some low end computers VLC plays video choppy where mplayer plays it
well. So I think there is reason to keep mplayer in Lubuntu. (I think
that mplayer2 is bundled with Lubuntu and it is faster than mplayer (svn).)

But I agree that VLC is a good multimedia player, more polished than
mplayer, and I have both of them installed.

Best regards
Nio