Chromium vs Firefox : Need testimonies

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 09:26:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to have more feedbacks before deciding to switch to Firefox,
> or to keep Chromium by default, I would like to ask you some
> testimonies and any feedbacks about the use of the 2 browsers. We need
> to evaluate the use of the 2 browsers *on old and not-so-fast
> hardware*. It's important because our main targets are this type of
> hardware. I know people are using Lubuntu on high specs hardware (like
> me), but this is not our main goal to optimize the system for this
> type of people.
>
> One tip if you want to compare memory usage between the 2 browsers :
> go to the address chrome://memory under chromium. That should not be
> the only source of information, but it can help in your evaluation.
>
> So, if you have feedback on using both browsers, please bring it to us
> :-) But please, keep the discussion on this topic (feedback on low
> spec hardware).
>
> Thanks in advance :-)
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

Hi,

My test machine hardware details can be found on my signature.
I have done so many tests, I have proved that so many times, I have sent so
many emails, etc so long story short:

As per MY TESTS:
*Firefox wins.*
*Chromium loses.*

Yes, on OLD machines.

Thank you!

P.S.
With or without zRAM, Chromium has no chance to win with Firefox in my
case. With the latest version of Chromium or without it, Chromium has no
chance to win with Firefox in my case.

--
*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*