lubuntu 13.04: mouse middle button missing features

Iberê Fernandes ibere.fernandes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 04:54:18 UTC 2013

hi folks,

Lubuntu 13.04 mouse middle click: I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, or
maybe a regression, change/improvement not listed on release notes.

I've just upgraded from L12.04 to L13.04 (fresh install) and Microsoft
Wireless mouse 3500 middle click is not:
1) copying/pasting as it used to;
2) opening web links in a new tab as it used to.

I've already checked L13.04 release notes and announcement, but i've found
anything re:mouse improvements/changes. On L12.04 installed on the other
laptop mouse middle button works as expected.

I was wondering if it is something related to changes on openbox bindings
[1] or X config [2].

btw, [2] sounded confusing to me right now, so better asking before poking
around.

Does anybody know what happened to middle mouse click? Thank you in advance!

[1] http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Bindings#Mouse_bindings
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Input

PS: i've already tried to install gpointing-device-settings and configured
mouse middle button emulation but it did not work for me.