Chromium vs Firefox : Need testimonies

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 1 04:40:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I did ask people (and still do) to not flood that bug report as I was asked
to do some specific tests to see where the 'problem' was. A lot of chat
also goes on outside of bug reports. He's a busy guy who has given fully
open and honest advice as he sees it.

The areas he has issues of are listed at
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-1305-chromium-default-browser

Until and unless they get these issues resolved, I will say we go with
Ffox. As to the question of midori, we can continue that forward, it was
discussed in previous cycles and is in the main repo so it can be discussed
again provided that it is fully compliant with tools such as ocre.
 ** This is from me, personally.... It has been a long term goal of mine
for lubuntu to be able to work with accessibilty issues. Our devs have
enough on their workload to develop lubuntu / lxde etc without having to
worry too much about other things. Ffox works with the standard
accessibilty system, Chromium does not.**

Regards,

Phill.

--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw