Lubuntu alternative sessions script

Andre Rodovalho andre.rodovalho at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 17:32:29 UTC 2013

I guess I found what's wrong. With some tests I saw that Compton is working
fine. Cairo-Dock does not get transparency if Compton is not loaded indeed.

I had Compton already installed, and I made an entry on lxsession-edit, not
to load automatically, because I had those issues with transparency on
lxpanel... I guess at this point things were messed up... When I set
Compton to load, it works transparency with cairo-dock, when not,
cairo-dock has that ugly black background!

With fake-transparency cairo-dock acts even uglier, as you can see on my
SS. The transparency is "faked" with a piece of the user's background, that
is terrible looking when you have an window on the middle of it!