Slideshow changes ?

Sat Jan 26 18:01:12 UTC 2013

On 01/26/2013 03:13 AM, Tracer wrote:
> [...]
All:

Since a lot of people gravitate toward Lubuntu because their machines
are not capable of running Ubuntu and Kubuntu well (because of lack of
memory, and/or processor speed), I think it would be a good idea to have
an option of not doing the slide show.

Perhaps, even better, would be for the installer to see if there is
enough memory available to run it, and not load it in if there wasn't,
substituting a single picture (possibly the last slide of the show).

But if it couldn't be done by the installer itself, at least giving the
user the option of skipping it if their machine doesn't have a lot of
memory would be a good idea.

I worry that whether the slide-show is done or not, it occupies space in
the installer, so the slide show would have to be something that is
loaded by the installer if the slide-show is selected.  This worry is
supported by the fact to disable the slide-show, I had to actually
remove the slide-show package.

In the live CD version, that slide-show is using-up memory space even by
its existence in the RAM file-system.

--
Sincerely,
Aere