artwork: wallpaper

Thu Feb 7 16:40:52 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 01:56 PM, 神癒礁湖 wrote:
> Hi there, boys and girls!
>
> I'd like to present a new wallpaper for Raring Ringtail. It comes with
> two variations: "particle beam" and "normal". Resolutions are 2560x1050
> (16:9), but I'll make some more (4:3 and iPad / phone). Which one do
> you prefer?
>
> Also, the icon theme is being updated almost daily. It's far from
> having all apps, mimetypes and devices (Alexander
> Andjelkovic and I are doing our best), so your feedback is really
> apreciated.
>
> Check it out at:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Artwork/Incoming/Raring/Box
>
> Thank you all so much for your support! ;)

All:

I looked at it, and it looked good to me.  In particular, I looked at
the icons, since that is what I end up interacting with the most.  They
seemed good to me.

The initial desktop image quickly gets replaced with photos of my own,
so I only see the desktop image artwork while signing-on.

My only negative with it, is a negative of operating system
color-schemes in general (from my particular, different point of view).

It seems they always choose a set of drab, grey colors, which (to me)
makes for a depressing work environment.

I think originally (from the original Microsoft 'standards'), the idea
was that the OS would have drab colors, so as not to detract from the
flashy colors of the the applications using the OS.

That was a good idea, originally, but it turned out that the application
developers, instead of using those flashy colors the authors of the
standard had in mind, wanted to look "official", or "standard", so they
simply emulated those drab, uninteresting colors the OS people used, so
we now all use drab, uninteresting colors.

Fortunately, Lubuntu still has the ease of color customation that the
other Ubuntu variants used to have, and I quickly customize my theme to
use the colors I see out in nature (I call my theme "Forest-Lake").

I have attached a picture illustrating that theme, in case you are
interested.

One thing I often do otherwise, is to have yellow button/menu text
rather than black.  The reason it isn't that way here, is that I do a
lot of software development using Eclipse.  In that development
environment, if you use yellow button text, there are occasionally
instances where you have yellow text on a white background, which is
almost invisible.

So, alas, on my development system, I grudgingly use black button text,
instead of yellow.

--
Sincerely,
Aere