Keeping the sub-teams active and up-to-date

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 9 23:42:52 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I've tried to stay out of this, but do feel I must now back Ali up.

<start rant>

Julien wrote the guide lines for sub teams, the teams are free to arrange
themselves as they wish. From my side, on quality, I have previously used
the 'reply or be removed' and will do so again. All of the mailing lists
for all sub teams that have email groups are listed on the launchpad pages.

Let me remind you of an old adage

*There was job that needed doing......*
*Anybody could have done it....*
*Everybody thought Somebody was doing it.....*
*Nobody did it.....*

So, next time a sub-team has an ask around for 'Everybody', you may like to
bear that in mind. Active you may not need to be... But we do ask that you
have a pulse and will at least take the time to reply to an email which is
asking if you are still 'alive'. The behind the scenes stuff that makes
lubuntu 'work' is a frighteningly small group, that the sub-teams ask for
who is there to help? They have every right to know who will help out. We
used to hold weekly meetings to announce progress. Owing to a large amount
of apathy, they fell by the way side.

The sub-teams will not fail lubuntu, but they are fully entitled to know
who is 'alive'.

</end rant>

Regards,

Phill.