My Last 4 Missions/Tasks

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 22:34:04 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Too much happened on the last 3 weeks and it was hard to follow up with
> what was happening at some point. In few words, without going into deep
> details, and for unavoidable reasons, I have decided to disengage myself
> from all my activities within Lubuntu after more than two years of non-stop
> contributions to this project:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Lubuntu-Team
>
> However, I am not going to leave until I finish my last 4 commitments and
> make sure everything will be fine regarding these tasks/missions:
>

>    1. I've been discussing a proposal of mutual collaboration between
>    Lubuntu and other Communities with one of the Ubuntu Community Council
>    Members, and I think there might be a bit of good news in this regard.
>
> Lyz from Ubuntu Community Council and Xubuntu Team has already joined the
mailing list and I am very glad to see she has already started to help by
answering some questions and you guys are lucky to have some one very
experienced and supportive like her around :)

Task 1: Done

>    1. Ubuntu Community Council are working on this issue :
>    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-websiteand I am waiting for their updates. They have showed a full support in
>    regard of this matter and they are working on it.

Soon, you will be updated regarding this issue so I guess I have nothing
more to do with this. It is almost done :)

Many thanks to everyone, specially Ubuntu Community Council for their
support and help!

Task 2: Done

>    1. I have approached a Canonical Manager/Coordinator seeking help and
>    support in regards of 'more' Testers for Lubuntu. Discussion is still in
>    progress

I have asked Nicholas Skaggs for help to find more testers for Lubuntu.

Task 3: In Progress ...

>    1. And Finally,
>    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/brainstorming-team-lead
>
> https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/msg00305.html

Task 4: Done

> So, please be sure that I shall not leave as it is not ethical unless I
> finish and deliver these commitments and make sure everything is going to
> be as smooth as possible. I hope I could do that and keep my word as I am
> the one who started these initiatives and I am going to finish these to the
> end.
>
> I shall also keep you posted regarding the above 4 tasks :)
>
> And, as always, I shall not turn my back to Lubuntu nor anyone. If you do
> need anything, you know how to reach me:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad
>
> Keep up the good work :)
>
> P.S.
> Lubuntu Social Media Channels are in very good hands and I can assure you
> that. Ibere is taking a massive care of these channels!
>
> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> Areas of Involvement <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>

Take care, good luck everyone and thanks for the best two years in my life.
I have learned a lot, shared a lot, enjoyed a lot and burned out a lot
hahah. It is time to seek different challenge elsewhere but needless to
say, Lubuntu will, forever be, in my heart and please, don't be stranger,
feel free to contact me anytime you wish :)

All my details here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/

Wish you all the best!

Best Regards,