Openbox Configuration Manager - Windows title font

Pierre Gobin lubuntu at pierregobin.fr
Sun Aug 11 20:07:03 UTC 2013

Hi Rafael, thanks for your answer :)

Le 11/08/2013 20:55, 神癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna) a écrit :
> Sorry for answering late. The font by default is Ubuntu Medium
> (default=ubuntu-medium). It's defined on the lubuntu-default theme. I
> don't really understand what you mean. Your visual config seems right.

My problem is that after my manipulation, I don't get the same
appearance that I have on a fresh installation. Except for color, don't
you find on the screenshot that title font of active window is different
from title font of inactive window ?

> The "bug" of choosing Bold and it gets back to Medium is a font
> problem, not ours. The reason is a bit complicated to explain and it's
> about the metrics of the bold font. It's supposed that using Bold on a
> word processor should work fine, but not in little sizes, because the
> type is not well designed for tiny spaces, so it switches to the
> closer type (something like that).
>
> In a few weeks the Ubuntu Font Team will release a new package
> correcting some bugs (including this) as well as more types (thin,
> extra-bold, etc) and designed explicitely for small sizes as well as
> print sizes, which needs another type and kerning technology due the
> higher resolutions up to 300 pixels per inch of paper.

Ok, thanks for the information :)

Kind regards,
Pierre Gobin