Problems with raring ringtail 13.04

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:59:15 UTC 2013

Hello and welcome to our Mailing List :)

Great to see more people are joining :)

Thank you so much for choosing, using and testing Lubuntu :D I'm glad to
see more users are interested in Lubuntu!

I do appreciate your email. I guess you are talking about:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztketg.jpg

Is it i386 or amd64? is this the desktop version or the alternate?
Have you forced upgraded 12.10 to raring beta2 or this is a fresh new
installation?

I too have weird symbols on my calendar but I can't remember on which
system? I'm having many here so I'm a bit confused, I need to go back and
check but it was on 13.04. I have 3 installation:

1- raring-desktop-i386
2- raring-alternate-i386
3- force upgrade 12.10 to raring beta2

I would appreciate if you provide some screenshot and I would also
appreciate if you join the QA mailing list [1] where such kind of emails
belong, IMHO. You are welcome to send anywhere and it is our job to guide
you through the right channel ;)

Thanks a lot :)

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing#Getting_Involved

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen <
kjetil1001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed lubuntu raring ringtail. Only one problem:
>
> The keyboard map is in error!!!
>
> I have a pc with english  system installed but spanish (latin american
> keyboard).
> In the lxde taskline I installed the keyboard layout handler, with
> three languages: english  latin-americxan spanish and norwegian. Using
> the latin american layout, some of the symbol positions got mangled!,
> as brackets: typing a brakcet gives mee instead: ¨
>
> what to do?
>
> Kjetil
>
> --
> "If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
> human face - forever."
>
> George Orwell (1984)

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*