Problems Updating Lubuntu 12.04, 12.10, and 13.04 on Slow Machines

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 20:28:32 UTC 2013

To Upgrade to the next stable version:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu#Upgrading_from_12.04

To force upgrade to the next Beta version:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/TechnicalOverview#Upgrading_from_Ubuntu_12.10

Note:
Force upgrade to Beta versions is NOT for daily use. Only for testing :)

Thanks!

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Ioannis Vranos
<ioannis.vranos at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, dist-upgrade= update+ remove obsolete packages.
>
> It does NOT upgrade you to another Lubuntu version.
>

> My original text should have been:
>
> "dist-upgrade" is equivalent to "update" + it removes obsolete packages.
>
> When update gets back at the command prompt, the update process has
> finished (reasonably).
>

> Ioannis Vranos
>
> http://www.cppsoftware.net
>

> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Aere Greenway
> <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ioannis:
> >
> > So just to make sure (pardon my lack of knowledge here), "apt-get
> > dist-upgrade" has nothing to do with upgrading to a new level (such as
> > 13.04, when it becomes available)?  It needs to be used in the normal
> > process of applying updates?

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
*https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/*