Beta 2 is released

Sat Apr 6 16:16:57 UTC 2013

On 04/05/2013 09:47 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the final beta test case is now released [1], this will allow you to
> see what the final release will look like as it has all the artwork
> and applications etc. in it.
>
> As always, many thanks to those who tested it and are ensuring that
> 13.04 is our best release so far!
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
> 1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseNotes/Beta2/Lubuntu
>

> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

Phill:

I tested a lot of things yesterday on the beta-release announced above,
but I can't remember how you need the test results recorded.

The testing (on my 450 mhz 512 meg RAM HP-Vectra) included:

system installation from live USB
installing updates (software updater - fails the same as with 12.10)
Java
Java web-start
file-roller (archive expansion)
pulse-audio
pavucontrol (sees two built-in audio, but no soundblaster card)
Java sound synthesizer
automated install of many useful MIDI tools & components
gnome-alsa-mixer to control Soundblaster synth output
qjackctl (test failed - not obvious how to fix)
Firefox browser, & download with it (including jnlp).
numlockx
fluidR3_GM.sf2 soundfont

-- Sincerely, Aere