Plan to add file search support to PCManFM

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Tue Sep 11 20:07:27 UTC 2012

On 11/09/12 18:51, 紳癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna) wrote:
> 目 Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:25:52 +0800, PCMan <pcman.tw at gmail.com> 書いた:
>
>> Hello,
>> It's quite clear that a file searching utility is a much wanted feature.
>> During Google Summer of Code 2010, we got a very primitive file
>> searching implementation.
>> It does not work, and only works for filename and file type matching.
>> However, it's lightweight and built-into the file manager.
>> I'm now doing some cleanup for the outdated code to see if we can have
>> it in the next release.
>> It's now in "search2" branch of libfm.
>>
>> Just my 2 cents. :-)
>>
>> --
>
> It's a great idea.
>
> Can I ask, using this ;) if will we see mounted icons on desktop?
>
> Thanks.

Sounds good

I am using 11.10 and for some reason when i search for a file it works
great, if I click on it and open containing folder it opens up a terminal.

anyway i will do an upgrade to 12.04 as one of the other issues is not
being able to right click on the desktop and create anew file or
folder,   I can do this in 12.04 so will upgrade,  should be pretty
smooth now.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111