Video Player change proposal

Ronnie contact at unleashpc.com
Tue Sep 11 17:50:23 UTC 2012

I agree,  gnome player and the gecko plugin are useless,,, not so much
gnomeplayer and mplayer  but particularly gecko plugin,,,, which rarely
plays anything.... its a joke,,, vlc doesn't play everything with their
web browser plugin, but it does play a lot more than gecko does.. that
thing either needs fixed or tossed aside..

As for chromium, what a terrible browser to pick for a lightweight
os,,, firefox is actually lighter,, if you look closely at chromiums
memory usage ,,, is terrible usually multiple multiple chromium
processes running eating up tons of memory... don't believe me?  vist a
site or two and keep watching those numerous processes piling up..

Not that firefox is super lightweight mind you, but its better than
chromium and i read their next browser really chomps down on memory
usage,,,

I know of midori but its still not ready,,, to many crashes and sites,
(like pogo) that just don't work.... midori is light particularly at
first but can and will grow in size over time....

firefox is the clear winner in my book,,, lighter than chromium,
promises to be lighter in the very near future and the dang thing just
works..

i try different browsers and always wind up back at firefox

simply the best

and lets not even get into all the spying thats being done browsing
around with chromium..

-Ronnie