chromium-browser and disk usage

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:06:41 UTC 2012

On 10/31/12, Hitesh Shah <chimak111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you see this with a new profile? If you don't, it could just mean that
> the old profile needs a clean-up.
>
> Also, please mention the Chromium version and how you monitor disk r/w
> (preferably with apps provided with a default Lubuntu installation).

It's on a machine that was wiped clean just a week ago, including
/home.  So it is rather clean.  Winding swappiness down to 10 seems to
have done the trick.  But before, it seemed like the hard disk was
continually running.  I also notice with top that there are a bunch of
instances of chromium running at the same time, even though I only
opened one.  Is there any way to make top focus on a single process or
set of processes?

Regards,
/Lars