I say its time to dump lubuntu software center for deepin software center

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 29 20:17:33 UTC 2012

Hi Hitesh,

one of the best things about the Ubuntu family is that we can tune our
systems to our own requirements. We are not restricted by a closed
app-store and are free to add 3rd party software repos and applications as
and where we wish. My easy example is that I install the LAMP stack and KVM
Virtual Machine management onto my Lubuntu system as I use them. Why? well
1) lubuntu uses less resources so leaves more for other tasks... 2) I can
:D  I'm also a quiet fan of xxxterm (xombero) as a low resource browser, it
was mentioned at 12.10 but cannot even be considered for 13.04 as it is not
yet considered to be functional enough and to have continued development.
Regardless of that it gets a mention as part of our lowest possible
resource installation using -lubuntu-core [1]. LSC has come along in leaps
and bounds since its first inception and continues to be improved. It took
2 years for Lubuntu to be accepted as an official flavour, people need to
remember that going from 'concept' to PPA to full acceptance takes time,
effort, dedication but most of all.... patience.

Regards,

Phill.
1.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/MinimalInstall#Low_Resource_Browser