How to Turn Off Changing Desktops When Scrolling Touchpad in Lubuntu12.04 ?

Jose Lopez josewendy1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 20:50:31 UTC 2012

Please try this

If you are tired of edge scrouling the window changer in Lubuntu and open
box, like I was here is the fix. The scroll button on your mouse keeps
changing the Desktop Workspace even when you're scrolling through a folder
or file.

Code: [Select]

cd ~/.config/openbox
cp lubuntu-rc.xml lubuntu-rc.xml.bak

(this makes a backup file so that when you think you've messed it up you
could revert it back.)

Code: [Select]

leafpad lubuntu-rc.xml

and delete the lines which says;
Code: [Select]

<mousebind button="UP" action="click">
<action name="DesktopPrevious" />
<mousebind button="Down" action="click">
<action name="DesktopNext" />

Log out and Log in back again to see the changes!

if you've messed it up and want to revert it back;

Code: [Select]

cp lubuntu-rc.xml.bak lubuntu-rc.xml
Thank you that will work.