Recovery Mode Failure

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:35:25 UTC 2012

On 15/10/12 14:38, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Yorvyk wrote:
>> Any body used the recovery menu in Quantal lately and does it work
>> or not?
>>
>> I've filed a bug [1]
>
> What exactly happens? Your bug says that 'the system hangs'; mine's
> just started a fsck, does yours get that far?

Yes, that's exactly what happens here.  It is the supposed to remount
the drive(s) in with R/W access, I believe, which it where it halts.
Alt+Ctrl+Del causes a reboot and some info flashes past.  I can't find
anything in /var/log of relevance.

>> and I've seen mention of the problem in forum threads but very
>> little seems to be happening on this.  It’s going to be a problem
>> rescuing failed upgrades/installs next weekend if it doesn't
>> work.
> Bugs are assigned time/effort roughly based on their 'heat',
> which is the number in the flame to the right of the 'This bug
> affects X people, does this bug affect you?' line. If you click on it
> you can see how the scoring works.

Having searched launchpad a bit better, it appears that this and other
problems with friendly-recovery have been reported and are been dealt with.