Lubuntu-users Digest, Vol 10, Issue 13

matt mtthwldvs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:53:28 UTC 2012

> So I've been using xxxterm [1] since I first found out about it and I love it. It's light and super-secure. It uses WebKit and GTK+. In light of all the bugs with Chromium and the never-ending debate about Firefox versus Chromium, why not make the switch for 13.04? There are a couple settings that we could make default that while perhaps making it slightly less secure might improve the user experience, e.g. whitelisting Flash, JavaScript, and other plugins, as well as cookies globally. Thoughts?
I remember a few months back there was a discussion on this list about
switching to xxxterm for the 12.10 release. I believe the consensus was
that xxxterm was unstable and lacked features. So unless anything major
has changed recently I would say that would still be the case. I have
never heard of Xombrero so I will definitely be checking that out.