xxxterm/xombrero

carsrcoffins23 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 22:07:58 UTC 2012

So I've been using xxxterm [1] since I first found out about it and I love it. It's light and super-secure. It uses WebKit and GTK+. In light of all the bugs with Chromium and the never-ending debate about Firefox versus Chromium, why not make the switch for 13.04? There are a couple settings that we could make default that while perhaps making it slightly less secure might improve the user experience, e.g. whitelisting Flash, JavaScript, and other plugins, as well as cookies globally. Thoughts?

Try it with:
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install xxxterm

Eventually you'll need to use xombrero instead of xxxterm (it was renamed) but not until we get a Debian package, which was started about 5 months ago [2].

Until then, if you want to try out the bleeding edge, you can grab the source and have at it [3]. Dependencies and compilation instructions are available, too [4].

wxl

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xxxterm
[2] https://identi.ca/notice/93829559
[3] https://opensource.conformal.com/viewgit/?a=tree&p=xombrero