Is it necessary to have both 22x22 and 24x24 icons?

Hitesh Shah chimak111 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:42:43 UTC 2012

The section called "Sizes" in here (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Artwork/Incoming/Raring/Box/Guidelines) has
this:

"There are 4 major icon sizes defined that an icon theme should contain:
Large, Medium, Small and Extra Small. Each of these sizes needs to be
treated separately, simple scaling of a larger icon doesn't work and ends
up looking fuzzy and unclear. On top of that, a new optional size, X-Large,
has been introduced."

But the description below has (in the order shown):
Large (48x)
Small (22x)
Extra Small (16x)
X-Large (256x)

"Medium" is missing.

Also, the sizes I see right now in /usr/share/icons/lubuntu include 16, 22,
24, 32, 48, 64 and 128 px. This is after installing the artwork ppa. I
didn't keep note of the sizes before I installed the ppa.