Splash screen does not show up

UH uhtlmk at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 1 20:46:38 UTC 2012

It's from the beginning (some of the first betas) of 12.10 the lubuntu
splash screen does not show up absolutely. I only have an apparently
dead (black)screen just up to the login window of lightdm. Now, i
studied around grub and plymouth and found out this:

'echo "FRAMEBUFFER=y" | sudo tee -a /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash
&& sudo update-initramfs -u -k all'

which i tried but unfortunately to no effect, only that, eventually,
that the boot sequence now is longer (but i'm not sure on this and i
don't have checked the real time). I also re-installed all lubuntu
plymouth files. It's a pity part of the hard work of the lubuntu
artwork team remains unviewable to me . . . ;-)

Anyone has an idea? TIA!