Meeting Minutes online 2012-05-16 (was: Re: Meeting tonight?)

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Thu May 17 09:11:49 UTC 2012

On 17 May 2012 10:33, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2012, Matthew Byers <faintstlsaint at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yea thats why i asked due to meetings being canceled. Glad to know
>> back on track. Well let us different timezone folks know when minutes
>> are posted ;)
>
> IRC Logs from todays Lubuntu Team meeting are at
> http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-05-16-20.06.html
> and now also formatted on the wiki at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Meetings/20120516
>
> There are no plans to change the meeting time away from the
> usual Wednesdays at 20:00UTC, as far as I know.
>
> Jonathan
> --
> Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm>

I read the meeting logs as I do each week (being a UTC+10 makes most
international meetings difficult) and my first reaction is the one
that's always been there just growing more stronger recently. The
questions I'd like to see answered are:
* why do we have a need for such segregated community that we need
subteams for such an already small team of active contributors?
* what do the other flavours or *buntu do for community governance
(Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, etc - I looked around online and found
one document that I'm told is out of date)?
* is there a problem with reverting back to how it was pre sub-team
and having a community that assists each other to achieve great
things?
* if there is something about Lubuntu that needs community discussion
and direction, why aren't we using the already standard practice of
raising bugs for wishlist things and things that aren't working to the
best of their ability?

I've got opinions on them all obviously and I'm not stating that mine
are correct. I just want people to contemplate, are we making this
harder on ourselves than we really need to?

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris