Changing keyboard layouts is possible!

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:32:43 UTC 2012

OS: Lubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 (32-bit)

A person I know, found how to enable switching keyboard layouts in
Lubuntu, the easy way!

1. Install Lubuntu 12.04 Beta, in the language, the other than US
english, that you want to use.

This language gets installed, along with US english. Alt-Shift works!

2. Open a terminal, and install all updates:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

==> During installation of updates, a graphical window will open and
will prompt you what key combination you want to use for switching
layouts (my personal preference is left ctrl-left shift). Select the
one you like.

3. After all updates get installed reboot.

You are ready!

Now you may go to language preferences, and change the languages and
locales displayed.

That's it!

I hope the final 12.04 version will have something to work with
english language installed by default.

Note: I do not know if this works in Lubuntu 11.10. If anyone tries,
please let us know.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com