Recommended applications

Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset jpxsat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:15:13 UTC 2012

> My suggestion when selecting apps for this list is that they run on a
> 300Mhz CPU with 128 MiB RAM

Maybe a more suitable machine would be 500MHZ & 256MB Ram. Since all
modifications and restrictions to the kernel this two years, I'm in doubt
that it's possible to install lubuntu (or any ubuntu flavour) on a machine
with the specs you're pointing! (no more i586, PAE, drop of certain old
graphic cards...) /  In the past I've installed Lubuntu 10.04 on very old
machines with very poor Ram, but now that somethings are dropped the system
simply does nothing :(

The questions are:
- a Pentium 1 or 2 can run Lubuntu 12.04 ?
- It's easy for a beginner to do that install or something more than the
usual has to be done?

Correct me if I'm talking nonsense here, please!

Though, I'm kinda loving you're idea Yorvyk!! Those apps could be included
in LSC under "Lubuntu proposed" :)

--
jpxsat