Would like reporting bugs to be more intuitive

Martin Bagge / brother brother at bsnet.se
Thu Jun 21 14:27:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> I don't understand what do you mean by looking for link in a wiki. To
> report a bug you open terminal (or press alt + f2) and give command
> "ubuntu-bug <package>" and follow the instructions.

And you learned this how?
Not everyone is 100% trained in how things are done in (l)ubuntu and
giving a prominent link at the front page of the project on how to report
bugs is absolutley a must. I would like that information to mention more
than one way of reporting bugs and a possibly to include a style guide.

> If you search for a way to report bug using web interface, you are
> reporting bugs wrong way, because some information which might be
> necressary isn't attached automatically to the bug report.

The world is not black or white.

--
/brother
http://martin.bagge.nu