Who is in charge? and Non PAE CPU

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:36:47 UTC 2012

You forgot to Reply to All so I'm CC'ing the mailing list :)

Maybe it's the right time, since version 12.04 is a long-time-support one.
> This gives some more time to owners of non-PAE CPUs.

I'm afraid Lubuntu 12.04 is not an LTS - please read the last paragraph
here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu#Welcome_to_the_Lubuntu_Desktop_project

Could this be a joint-effort with other distribs?

Like Xubuntu's Developers? sounds a good idea but most importantly, we need
to find out HOW MANY Users over there will be affected. We don't have any
numbers but that is not so hard, I can create another Poll and see how many
over there.
As Julien said, don't count on that, it's not that easy, because there are
only 4 months left to the next release.

If there are, say 10-20 users, I don't think (IMHO) it is possible to hire
someone UNLESS someone is already there.

*Perhaps we need to contact Xubuntu's Developers and see what will they do
about it?*

--
*Best Regards,
amjjawad*