Who is in charge? and Non PAE CPU

Sarbojit Ganguly unixman.linuxboy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:48:51 UTC 2012

Gentlemen,

I have an opinion here. Since Lubuntu is designed to run on _old_
machines (NON-PAE) and if Ubuntu kernel team _decides_ to ship PAE
only, wouldn't it be going against our philosophy?

In this case can Lubuntu maintain a "legacy" kernel tree of its own to
support NON-PAE cpus ?  It will be then easier to deduce number of
users affected due to the shift.

Don't know whether this is possible at all, please share your views.

Sarbojit