Who is in charge? and Non PAE CPU

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 17:33:35 UTC 2012

Hi Julien,

I thought you are celebrating your birthday now :D or maybe it's a bit
early now :P

It will be PAE-only kernel, unless we can hire a kernel dev to maintain
> a non-PAE kernel for us (so, don't really count on it). It's a
> project-wide decision (mean Ubuntu and all the family). It's nearly
> impossible to go against it.

If that is so, then it's not important IMHO to create another Poll to check
how many users over there who still have a Non PAE CPU. However, maybe it
is not a bad idea to, at least, know how many will be affected by that
change (I can take care of that if needed/required).

Hmmm, maybe if there are only few with Non PAE then we don't really need to
look for someone.
But if there are many out there, well, I don't know.

Your thoughts/ideas?

--
*Best Regards,
amjjawad*