Who is in charge? and Non PAE CPU

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 13 17:11:28 UTC 2012

Le 06/13/2012 06:36 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) a écrit :

> I'd also like to know what is the best and the easiest way to find out
> whether the CPU is a PAE or Non PAE?
>From https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnablingPAE :

grep --color=always -i PAE /proc/cpuinfo

But I know Jonathan had a magic command to find it.

> With Lubuntu 12.04, we have decided to go for the generic Kernel so
> what about 12.10?
It will be PAE-only kernel, unless we can hire a kernel dev to maintain
a non-PAE kernel for us (so, don't really count on it). It's a
project-wide decision (mean Ubuntu and all the family). It's nearly
impossible to go against it.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne