Applications freezing

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:51:30 UTC 2012

I'm having a problem with applications frequently freezing.  It's mostly
been Clementine and Rhythmbox but others have done it also.  The symptom
is that the application stops doing anything (e.g. sound output) and is
unresponsive in its menus.  When I try to close the window, the window
does not close, but after a short wait the message below pops up:

	'The window "FOO" does
	not seem to be responding.  Do you want to force
	it to exit by sending the terminate signal?
	Cancel		End Process

I've tried running these apps from the terminal to see if any output
gives a clue, but nothing is given when the lockup occurs.  How do I go
about getting some data for a bug report.  In the case of Rhythmbox, I
can get it to lock up on demand, though if I leave it alone it will also
lock up on its own.

This is all on 13.04

Regards,
/Lars