Incomplete shutdown on some LTSP clients (shutdown hangs/freezes)

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Wed Aug 29 18:13:44 UTC 2012

I'll add here that when I posted this problem on the LTSP list, here was
one reply from someone else having the same problem, but noting that it
worked in 11.10:

"I second this.  I'm using LTSP on the server version of Ubuntu 12.04.
With 11.10, the machines shut off, but not now.  They will reboot just
fine.  It happens at least with HP Z210's.  We recently upgraded and I
can't recall if it happens on other machines (and hate to interrupt
anyone to turn them off)."

>>> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/491940